Islands Brygge, located on the north-west coast of Amager, is an interesting waterfront area mixing modern architecture with old industrial buildings. Although home to lovely cafes and galleries, this neighbourhood is best known for the wonderful harbour baths and beautiful green spaces. Only 10 minutes on the Metro from the city centre, Islands Brygge is a great choice for a short break in Copenhagen.
From the Guldsmeden stable, well-known for their upscale boutique hotels grounded in sustainability, this latest Copenhagen offering is an urban eco-chic paradise. The 212 rooms are decorated in a Nordic- Bali style, some with balconies, and all with recycled textiles, water-saving showers and iLoveEcoEssentials toiletries. An organic restaurant offers delicious food all-day and there is also a gym, relaxing courtyard and pool with day-beds. This is a welcoming and unpretentious place to stay, where you can even bring your dog for a holiday!
- Sustainability Management Plan
- Green Key certified
- Orbital-Systems showers – based on revolutionary NASA technology, saving between 50 to 90 % of water consumption without compromising on water pressure and temperature
- ProLana bedding – mattresses, pillows and duvets are made of natural, fairtrade, certified, non-toxic materials such as natural latex, rubberized coconut, wool from camels, yak and sheep, silk and cotton
- iLoveEcoEssentials – with packaging made of recyclable collected waste plastic and products made of 100% natural and organic ingredients, and free of any microplastic
- Restaurant has Danish Gold Ø-label for 90-100% use of organic produce
Who’s This For?
Urban eco-travellers looking for a chic place to stay in Copenhagen, a short Metro ride from the busy city centre, where green is the colour of their stay.
For further info visit Guldsmeden Hotels
Images courtesy of Guldsmeden Hotels