A luxury jungle eco-lodge, overlooking a private beach, with organic farm and forestry regeneration programme.
Right on the mile-long private Playa Ocotal, with 4,000 acres of Nicaraguan jungle surrounding the resort. Managua’s international airport is 2.5 hours away.
A pioneering eco-lodge, where guests explore the jungle on horseback, walking or on bikes. Plenty of watersports are offered, as well as a purpose-built outdoor yoga studio. Eco-bungalows nestle in the hillside jungle, amongst monkeys and parrots, with spectacular views over the bay. Alfresco showers, no tv and fine nets instead of walls ensure a rustic-luxe experience in nature. The organic farm supplies the resort restaurant, as well as giving guests hands-on experiences helping out. Sea turtles sometimes need a helping hand on the beach.
- The resort is designed and constructed with minimal impact on surroundings, using sustainably sourced materials and renewable energy.
- 2,000 acres of jungle are maintained as a private reserve, where reforestation and conservation are central to forest management.
- The organic farm supplies a large proportion of the resort’s produce requirements.
- The resort runs a shrimp project, suing natural algae, which supplies the restaurant.
- Strong links with local artists
Who’s this for?
Jungle-lovers who like the comfort of a warm luxurious bed at night, and don’t mind the noise of abundant wildlife outside the window. Families and sporty types will enjoy all the activities.
Images courtesy of Morgans Rock