Beachside Eco-Lodge Surrounded by Pristine Jungle
This luxury lodge is located on the mile-long private Playa Ocotal, with 4,000 acres of Nicaraguan jungle surrounding the resort. Managua’s international airport is 2.5 hours away.
A pioneering eco-lodge, where guests explore the jungle on horseback, walking or on bikes. Plenty of watersports are offered, as well as a purpose-built outdoor yoga studio. Eco-bungalows nestle in the hillside jungle, amongst monkeys and parrots, with spectacular views over the bay. Alfresco showers, no tv and fine nets instead of walls ensure a rustic-luxe experience in nature. The organic farm supplies the resort restaurant, as well as giving guests hands-on experiences – sea turtles sometimes need a helping hand on the beach.
- The resort is designed and constructed with minimal impact on surroundings, using sustainably sourced materials and renewable energy.
- Huge area of jungle is maintained as a private reserve, where reforestation and conservation are central to forest management.
- The organic farm supplies a large proportion of the resort’s produce requirements.
- The resort runs a shrimp project, using natural algae, which supplies the restaurant.
- Strong links with local artists.
Who’s this for?
Jungle-lovers who like the comfort of a warm luxurious bed at night and the noise of abundant wildlife outside the window. Families and sporty types will enjoy all the activities.
For further info visit Morgans Rock
Images courtesy of Morgans Rock